The ACTL pipeline will be designed, constructed, operated and maintained using best practices that meet or exceed the required safety standards.
As of Q4 2018
- Regulatory approval has been received to build the pipeline and construction is underway
- The ACTL Project has secured 100% of its Right of Way from land owners
- Engineering for the full pipeline project is complete
- Procurement is underway with 70% of all goods and services being accessed in Alberta
- Long delivery equipment received
- CO₂ sources are both operating and CO2 is available
- Regulatory approval for EOR has been received
- The first CO₂ injection wells are anticipated to commence drilling in Q1 2019
Explore the Route
The ACTL pipeline will ship CO₂ volumes from Alberta’s Industrial Heartland north of Edmonton to the Clive oil processing and gas compression facility site located over 200 km south.
The Alberta Carbon Trunk Line (ACTL) Project is designed to be the first large-scale carbon capture and storage plus CO₂ Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) project in Alberta, leveraging the province’s wealth of innovative expertise to create thousands of new jobs, generate meaningful tax revenue while also decreasing Canada’s carbon footprint.
Please call our 24-hour toll-free hotline: 1.866.941.6025
ACTL Project Operator Head Office
2000, 500, 4th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 2V6